What to do in case of a medical emergency abroad
You can contact our assistance team in an emergency by calling +44 (0) 203 824 0707. You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you call our medical assistance service in an emergency you need to have some basic information for them to hand:
- Your telephone number, so you can be contacted in case you are cut off.
- The name and age of the patient and as much information about the medical situation as possible.
- The name of the hospital, the ward, the treating doctor and the telephone numbers if you have them.
- Tell them that you have a Flexicover Travel Insurance policy, policy number, the date you bought it and your booked travel dates.
- The patient’s UK GP details, name, address and phone number (in case more information on current medical conditions and treatment is needed).
When you contact out assistance team you’ll speak to a member of the operations team, they will ask the basics of your case, and allocate you a case number. If necessary, they’ll confirm that you’re insured and provide the hospital or clinic with appropriate billing instructions.