This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies.  Find out more here.

Single Trip Travel Insurance

Is it time for your yearly holiday? Or maybe you’re going on a short business trip. It seems like our Single Trip Travel Insurance may be the best choice for you. Our fully comprehensive travel insurance policies cover you for most of the potential mishaps that may occur while you are travelling.

At Flexicover we’ve been providing travel insurance for over 30 years, and place our customers safety above all else. Our policies are specifically designed to suit all of your needs, we want you to travel with peace of mind.

What Does Our Single Trip Travel Insurance Cover?


Key Benefits

  • - Single Trip cover available up to age 85
  • - Cover for trips up to 100 days
  • - FREE cover for over 120 sporting activities
  • - No extra cost for cruise holidays
  • - 4 levels of cover to choose from
  • - One way trips covered
  • - Scheduled airline failure cover (Platinum, Gold and Silver cover)
  • - Save even more with a family, couple or single parent family policy.

Length Of Stay For Single Trip Travel Insurance

For Bronze cover: Each person up to the age of 85 has a maximum of 31 days
Silver, Gold and Platinum: Each person under the age of 75 has 100 days maximum duration for each trip. For those between the ages of 76 and 85, the maximum stay is 31 days.

What Areas Am I Covered For?
We like to offer the opportunity to let our customers travel freely. Instead of providing travel insurance by country, we offer it by region instead, giving you the freedom to travel freely, and know that you're covered. The four regions are deatiled below:

Single Trip Travel Insurance With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions


What Is A Pre-Existing Medical Condition?

A pre-existing medical condition is any condition that you have had before taking out a travel insurance policy with us. It’s important that you tell us about any and all conditions that you are suffering from, as we need this information to correctly calculate your premium.

Emergency medical treatment is included as part of our policies, but we can’t cover you for conditions that you neglect to inform us about, and this could result in your claim being rejected.

You can complete our medical screening process online, just answer a few simple questions and you can have your cover completed within minutes.

Don’t worry, we’re not looking to catch you out, and if you’re unsure about anything at any point then give our friendly team a call on 0800 093 9495, they’ll be glad to answer any questions that you might have.

Have I Picked The Right Travel Insurance Type?


We offer a variety of different travel insurance types, it’s possible that Single Trip Travel Insurance is not the correct choice for you, but don't worry! We can guarantee that we can provide a travel insurance policy to suit your needs.

Do you travel to and from the UK multiple times during the year? Then take a look at our Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance, you’re covered for all trips made during a one-year period (up to 50 days each).

If you’re planning to visit one location for an extended period (over 100 days) then check out our Long Stay Travel Insurance.

If you’re looking to travel the world this year, our Gap Year Travel Insurance is ideal for you, you can take out a policy for up to 18 months, and are covered for all the countries you travel to after leaving the UK.

If you are planning to take part in skiing or snowboarding on your travels, you should know that you can add our Winter Sports Travel Insurance onto any of our policy types.

Get a quote

Frequently Asked Questions About Single Trip Travel Insurance

Why do I need to declare my medical conditions each time I take out a travel insurance policy?

Cover for your medical conditions expires when your travel insurance policy expires, so you will need to re-declare your conditions each time you take out a policy. There may also have been a change in your condition since the last travel insurance policy was taken out, and we need to be made aware of this.

Do I Need An EHIC if I'm travelling to Europe?

The simple answer… Yes! The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles UK residents access to necessary, state provided medical treatment, during a temporary visit in the European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland - at a reduced cost or free of charge. The EHIC is valid for five years.

As a valued Flexicover policyholder, you won’t have to pay any excess if you use your EHIC.

Does your Single Trip Travel Insurance cover cruises?

Yes our standard travel insurance policies offer cover for cruises as standard. If you want further over for your cruise then take a look at our Cruise Plus Travel Insurance

Does Your Travel Insurance provide cover for treatment in private facilities?

Your policy covers treatment at a state/public facility only, treatment at a oprivate facility will only be covered if pre-approved by our emergency assitance team.

Can I add gadget cover after I have departed on my trip?

Unfortunately we cannot change the level of cover that you have taken once your trip has already started.

We are proud to work with